Top 50 Forensic Accounting Blogs
Written by L.G. at 09:00:am on 15th December, 2010
The list of the top 50 forensic accounting blogs below shows the wide range of jobs in forensic accounting. Investigation is key, along with dissemination of information, law and governance in maintaining financial security for investors, home owners, employees and tax payers. Finding fraud can be fun, and considering this list includes just a few of the hundreds of forensic sites on the Internet a possibly lucrative field.
- Asset Search Blog. Fred Abrams located tens of millions of dollars hidden in offshore tax havens and filed legal proceedings worldwide to seek discovery from foreign bank witnesses.
- Control Freak. This blog focuses on the details of government fraud, risk, whistle-blowing and much more.
- Forensic Accounting Services Blog. Stephen Pedneault specializes only in forensic accounting, employee fraud and litigation support matters.
- Forensic Focus Blog. Thoughts and musings on computer forensics from Forensic Focus.
- Going Concern. Accounting news for accountants and CFOs that includes news about fraud and the Big 4.
- Professor Fraud. William Kresse, associate professor at the Graham School of Management of Saint Xavier University, is a CPA (Certified in Financial Forensics), an attorney, and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
- re: The Auditors. Francine McKenna has more than twenty years of experience in consulting and professional services including tenure at two Big 4 firms, both in the US and abroad.
- The Accounting Onion. Tom Selling peels away financial reporting issues one layer at a time.
- The Financial Investigator. Investigative reporter Roddy Boyd reports on financial and operational prospects of publicly-traded corporations.
- The Fraud Files Blog. Sequence Inc. is led by Tracy L. Coenen, CPA, CFF, who has more than 16 years of experience in accounting and investigations.
- The Fraud Guy. John Hanson, CPA, CFE, CCEP offers his take on fraud, corporate internal investigations and corporate monitors.
White Collar Crime
- Banking Horror Stories. The owner of a mortgage fraud investigation company shares his clients stories about banks.
- Conorix. This site is about mortgage and mortgage backed securities (MBS) fraud, including the lawyers that facilitate them.
- Fraud Talk. This blog is intended for attorneys, law enforcement, investigators, regulators and others interested in white collar fraud trends, enforcement and prevention.
- Sleight of Hand. Nadine Sebai teaches readers about white collar crime, fraud, business ethics and legal psychology.
- The 10b-5 Daily. News and events related to securities class action litigation.
- The Daily Caveat. Breaking news on corruption, corporate fraud, white collar crime and investigative research.
- White Collar Crime News. A criminal defense attorney in New Jersey focuses on white collar crime.
- White Collar Crime Prof Blog. Ellen S. Podgor, professor of law at Stetson University College of Law, maintains this blog.
- White Collar Fraud. A convicted felon, former CPA, and former criminal CFO of Crazy Eddie advises law, professionals and businesses on how to identify fraud.
- 10Q Detective. Analyst David Phillips takes on 8-K and 10-Q SEC filings to find soft spots that may materially impact quality of earnings.
- Boom Bust Blog. Reggie Middleton is an entrepreneurial investor who guides a small team of independent analysts to uncover truths seldom published in the mainstream media or Wall Street analysts reports.
- FEI Financial Reporting Blog. Financial Executives International is the preeminent association for CFOs and other senior finance executives.
- Footnoted. Footnoted is very focused on the stuff that companies try to bury in their routine SEC filings.
- Fraudbytes.. An accounting professor and a doctoral student report news about financial statement fraud and corporate governance.
- International Corporate Governance. Allison Garrett is the Senior VP of Academic Affairs at Oklahoma Christian University and a former law professor and former VP and General Counsel of Wal-Mart s Corporate Division.
- SEC Action. This blog covers SEC investigations, civil and criminal enforcement actions, class actions and internal investigations.
- The Corporate Library Blog. The Corporate Library is the leading independent source for corporate governance research and risk analysis.
- The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation. This blog provides the latest insights into corporate oversight, provided by faculty, fellows, guest contributors and the program advisory board.
- The Race to the Bottom. The focus of this blog is to provide a forum for discussing methods to improve corporate governance processes.
In the Public Interest
- Acrimoney. Norb Vonnegut s posts are non-fiction and describe the culture of finance, with original and sometimes irreverent commentary about people who manage money or affect it through their political power.
- Citron Research. Looking along Wall Street for the lemons.
- CyberHood Watch. The CyberHood Watch is an online digital community of responsible cybercitizens trying to maintain a safe online life-style.
- Don t Mess with Taxes. Don t Mess With Taxes aims to keep Uncle Sam cranky by providing tax and personal finance tips and advice that will put more money in your bank account, not the government treasury.
- Investor s Watchdog. From boiler rooms to investment firms, learn more about the war on fraud.
- Lies, damned lies and statistics. Learn about consumer behavior, social media and advertising stats.
- MediaCitizen. Timothy Karr is the campaign director of Free Press and the SavetheInternet.com Coalition.
- Pro Publica. ProPublica is an independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. ProPublica was a recipient of the 2010 Pulitzer Prize in Investigative Reporting
- ShareSleuth. Sharesleuth.com is an independent Web-based reporting aimed at exposing securities fraud and corporate chicanery.
- Street Sweeper. This investigative site uncovers the dirty little secrets that investors need to know.
Financial Fraud Law
- Expert Witness Blog. Formed by a group of practicing attorneys, JurisPro Inc. is a professional marketing company that maintains a free online directory of expert witnesses for the legal community.
- Financial Fraud Law. A one-stop resource for the legal issues involving financial fraud.
- Investment Fraud Lawyer Blog. Page Perry, LLC has developed special expertise and recognition in the area of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty disputes.
- MauledAgain. Prof. James Edward Maule s commentary on tax law, legal education, the First Amendment, religion and law.
- Securities Fraud Blog. Learn if your broker is liable for your losses.
- Securities Law Blog. Issues, news and commentary on the law of the financial markets.
- Securities Law Prof Blog. Barbara Black, Charles Hartsock Professor of Law at University of Cincinnati College of Law, presents this blog.
- Stockbroker Fraud Blog. Shepherd, Smith, Edward Kantas know the ins and outs of stockbroker conduct and law.
- Tax Fraud Blog. Phillips Cohen LLP, a law firm that represents whistleblowers with information about tax law violations as well as those with information about securities law violations.
- Truth on the Market. Academic commentary on law, business, economics and other financial topics.
Share This Online!