Mortgage Repayment Calculator
Interest only repayments only cover the interest on the principal borrowed, fees and any applicable government charges. You will not be paying off the principal of your loan. Principal and interest repayments which in addition to covering interest on the outstanding principal, fees and any applicable government charges include an amount which goes towards the repayment of principal. To see the difference between your interest only and principal and interest repayments, run two calculations and compare the results.^
What will the repayments be on my mortgage?
Our mortgage repayment calculator gives you an estimate of what your repayments could be, based on your home loan amount, your loan type and the interest rate you think you’ll be paying.
Once you get an idea of your mortgage repayments from the calculator, together with the rest of your budget you’ll start to see whether you can realistically afford the home you want to buy, you might even discover you can afford a more expensive one than you first thought.
How much can I borrow?
Find out your borrowing power with our mortgage calculator.
Stamp Duty Calculator
Estimate how much Stamp Duty you might have to pay when buying a property.
Get started today
8am – 8pm, 7 days a week
Find a lender
Free property reports
Things you should know
*The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a 25 year term. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
**Premier Advantage Package Conditions of Use apply and are available above. Annual fee, currently $395, applies. Package benefits cannot be taken in conjunction with, or in addition to other special offers, negotiated rates or discounts. Not available to company and trust account holders.
- The output or result of these calculators:
- is subject to the assumptions which are subject to change;
- is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on the output of the calculators, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need more information, please call 1300 786 029. We recommend that you consult your financial adviser before taking out a loan;
- does not represent either a quote or pre-qualification for a loan;
- may not be taken into account if you apply for a loan with us as we will make our own calculations. When assessing ability to service a loan, Westpac may use an interest rate that is higher than the current interest rate for the loan requested.
Conditions, fees and charges apply. These may change or we may introduce new ones in the future. Full details are available on request. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it. Read the disclosure documents for your selected product or service, including the Terms and Conditions or Product Disclosure Statement, before deciding. Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.